You are in for a TREAT check out Rebecca’s Blogspot
hOMnaturale – yoga & natural health w/ Rebecca J. Briggs, R.Y.T., C.N.
Mother, lover, yogi, teacher and advocate of all things natural and organic.
Rebecca’s intention is to practice what she teaches, being one with nature and in the spirit of her heart. OM Shanti.
Rebecca offers Detox Programs,
OCTOBER 21-29, 2014~
A Seasonal Transformation of Self, starts here.
Detox hOMe & Body: 7 Day Organic, Green Juice Cleanse, with Daily Yoga & Meditation, Thai Massage and 1:1 Health Coaching
Wellness and Goddess Retreats Yoga & Therapeutic Yoga ( private sessions.), Meditation, Thai Massage and so much more!
You and your Body are worth checking this out.
REBECCA @ THE WELL, LLC
facebook.com/wellspring.The Well LLC
365 Main St. Wakefield , RI
$5-$20 Pay what you can, when you can.
And good things will come!
Debra Hubers Paradis
Dandy Blend Coffee Alternative
To My surprise this drink tastes great. I am not a coffee drinker and I am enjoying the taste of this drink. What an excellent way to get the benefits of dandelion root.
100% caffeine-free, gluten free,
No-GMO’s, bitterness and acid free.
- It tastes remarkably like a rich, full-bodied cup of coffee
- It is caffeine free, and has no acidity or bitterness. It is the only herbal coffee substitute in the US that features both the health benefits of dandelion root and the rich, full-bodied flavor, smoothness and texture of real coffee. Many say that, because it lacks bitterness and acidity, it actually tastes better than coffee.
- It is made of water-soluble extracts of roasted roots of dandelion, chicory and beets, and the grains of barley and rye. Nothing else is added. While we make no claims for Dandy Blend other than that it is a delicious herbal beverage with the taste, body, and texture of coffee, the ingredients – dandelion, chicory and beet roots, and barley and rye grains – are all health-promoting foods respected throughout the world.
- It contains no gluten. Gluten, which is comprised of proteins that are not water-soluble, is left behind in the grounds to be composted during the extracting process, leaving Dandy Blend gluten-free.
- The sweetness some perceive in Dandy Blend is primarily from the fructose that occurs naturally in the roots of dandelion and chicory. Many people require no additional sweeteners.
- It contains over 50 trace minerals in each cup, most of which the body uses to help synthesize compounds needed in metabolism.
- There are no headaches or other withdrawal symptoms when switching from coffee to Dandy Blend. It is like switching from one brand of coffee to another. Most people generally can’t tell that they aren’t drinking coffee.
- On top of all this, Dandy Blend costs as little as 7 cents a cup – less, on a per cup basis, than coffee, or instant coffee alternatives that do not contain dandelion. To keep Dandy Blend affordable for everyone who already drinks coffee, we keep the price down as low as possible by distributing it directly. Dandy Blend supports Mom and Pop health food stores because they care for their customers personally.
Dandelion root is what makes Dandy Blend unique and so much better that it stands out from all other options available. It is the only instant coffee alternative in the United States that contains dandelion root. To Americans, dandelion may be considered a weed, but to people all over the world it is a valued vegetable and highly respected herbal medicine. It is one of the top six herbs in the Chinese medicine chest.
If your doctor or health practitioner has recommended that you give up coffee, and/or add dandelion to your diet, Dandy Blend is by far the easiest way to do that AND still continue enjoying the flavor and texture of a good “cuppa joe” at the same time.
**Remember to also feed your body whole foods to
create healthy skin from within check out my Whole Foods Site
Remember to improve a situation you must first TAKE ACTION!!!
Debra Aesthetician & Whole Food Specialist
This was shared from the blog from Carmella’s Raw Kitchen.
Ask any raw foodie, the appliance that gets the single most usage in a raw kitchen is a blender! You use it for making smoothies, dressings, sauces, soups, spreads, puddings, pie and cake fillings, ice creams… and I’m sure I must be forgetting something!
Don and I run our blender a minimum of 3 times a day. At first we just bought regular inexpensive blenders but we gave them such a work out that they had to be replaced once a year (if we were lucky!) Hanging with the online raw community we had heard that high power blenders were the way to go for superior results and blender longevity, but it was hard to get our minds (and our pockets!) around paying $400-500 for a little machine. But we needed to bite the bullet and saved our pennies in order to purchase a Vitamix 5000. See Chowhound vitamix 5000 reviews. After trying it I wondered how we could have gone without a high power blender for so long! Not only was it a LOT more powerful but it also gave such a silky smooth texture to everything I blended! It was like entering a whole new world of possibilities!
While staying with the Fox family near Salt Lake City, Utah I discovered a new 3 HP blender that costs significantly less than comparable machines. I say ‘new’ but in fact the OMNIBLEND V blender has been manufactured for several years but hasn’t yet significantly penetrated into the North American market. (Our friend Thomas of 3blenders.com is now the only supplier!) See Amazon Reviews OmniBlender
“The blenders like the Vita Mix, Blendtec reviews, and Waring blenders are all great,” Thomas says, “It is time though to offer to the consumers something more economical. I believe we have found it with the OMNI Blender at $279 (free shipping in the USA), and we stand behind it.”
I couldn’t agree more! We would have certainly found it easier to take that (for many of us HUGE) step from the ‘cheapo’ blenders to the high quality one if we had known about the OMNI back then. Now I can hardly hide my excitement that we’ve discovered such a high performing blender at such a fantastic price! “doing the happy dance”.
Just remember sometimes you get what you pay for!!!
What an excellent way to get all of your vitamins and minerals and all the servings in one easy drink.
Fresh juices are a tremendous source of enzymes. In fact, the “freshness” of juice is one of their key features, because enzymes are destroyed by heat. When you eat cooked foods, whether its meal, grains, fruits, or vegetables, if the food is cooked at temperatures above 114 degrees, the enzymes have been destroyed by the heat. Since fruits and vegetables are juiced raw, the enzymes are still viable when you drink the juice. Check out Lunchboxbunch.com for some excellent Yummy raw juicing recipes.